Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Raw Raspberry Chezcake Bites



Valentines Day is this Sunday and I don't have a special Valentine lined up.  Most single girls can get pretty bummed about Valentines Day, but not me.  Valentines Day just gives me an opportunity to make goodies for people I care about.  No romance for me, just lots of sweet treats.  
Tonight I took a break from studying and made Raw Raspberry Chezcake Bites.  These red and white bites are super festive and tasty.  The crust is so good it could be eaten by itself, and actually its a similar recipe to my raw pecan snickerdoodles.  The filling was whipped together in my blender- just young coconut meat, soaked raw cashews, lemon, and vanilla.  Together the chezcake filling and the cookie-like crust would be enough to put a smile on anyone's face, but since its mid February I jazzed up these gems with a raspberry sauce- just raspberries and agave blended together.  You could make this into a full size chezcake, or if you have a mini muffin pan, use that!  I put the chezcake filling into a sandwich bag and cut a hole in one end and piped it into the mini crusts, and used the baggie trick for the raspberry topping too.  


Raw Raspberry Chezcake Bites

Crust:
1 cup almonds
.5 cup pecans
2 dates pitted
pinch salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tbs of coconut oil

Process in food processor until sticky, press into pan or muffin tin.

Filling:
1 cup soaked raw cashews
meat from 1 young thai coconut
zest from a full lemon
juice from half the lemon
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs honey (or 6 dates or .3 cup agave)

Blend until smooth, scrape into pan or sandwich bag to pipe into mini muffin tin.

Raspberry Topping:
.5 cup of frozen raspberries
agave to taste

Swirl with chezcake filling.  Freeze chezcake bites or full chezcake until firm and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I've recently been experimenting with agave and I love it! Your raspberry bites look glorious.

    ReplyDelete