Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black Bean Quinoa Roasted Veggie Bowl

One of my unofficial New Year's Resolutions was to update my blog three times a week.  I would have loved to keep that up, but with going to school full time and working full time, sometimes I'm worried I'm not going to be able to shower three times a week!  So, as my life has simplified- my meals have as well.  I'm now okay with one dish meals, compared to my preferred 4-6 dish meals that used to happen several times weekly in my kitchen.
Tonight's meal was simple and prepared while I was busy working on other stuff.  It required some chopping and minimal stirring.  Thanks to my rice cooker the quinoa didn't even have to be stirred.  The butternut squash only had to be tossed once during its cooking time (feel free to sub any veggies that can be roasted).  And the beans on the stove simmered on low while everything was happening- and only needed attention every 5-7 minutes.  When the quinoa was done I mixed it in with the beans.  This is easy and can be done while doing anatomy homework.


Black Bean Quinoa Roasted Veggie Bowl

1 cup quinoa cooked in rice cooker (will yield 2+ cups of quinoa)
2 cans of black beans rinsed and drained cooked on low with:
1 cup water
splash of evoo
salt
2 jalapenos
cumin
coriander
on cookie sheet in a 425 oven:
1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
1 onion sliced
coated with evoo, cumin, coriander, salt, and cayenne baked for 40 minutes
top with avocado and lime juice/zest


No comments:

Post a Comment